This course gives you a solid introduction to getting a service desk up and running using JIRA Service Desk. You’ll get hands-on experience performing the most crucial configuration tasks to set up your service desk. Topics include configuring and branding your customer portal, creating queues and SLAs for your service team, linking a knowledge base, adding participants, and automating your service desk. The course includes a variety of business use cases to assist you in understanding JIRA Service Desk administration, and best practices are emphasized for each topic.
Duration: 7 hours
Level: Introductory to intermediate
- Create a service desk project
- Set up request types
- Create queues
- Create service level agreement (SLA) metrics
- Link your service desk to a Confluence knowledge base
- Add an email account
- Brand your customer portal and global help desk
- Add agents, customers, and other JIRA users
- Create and customize automation rules
Anyone responsible for setting up a JIRA Service Desk project which includes:
- JIRA Administrators
- Service Desk Administrators
- Service Desk Managers
- Team Managers
- IT Managers
- If you’re solely responsible for setting up a JIRA Service Desk project, there are no prerequisites.
- If you’re also responsible for setting up JIRA company-wide, you should have completed JIRA Administration Part 1 or have equivalent experience.
- Introduction to JIRA Service Desk
- Creating a service desk
- Setting up request types for your customers
- Creating queues for your service teams
- Creating service level agreement (SLA) metrics
- Linking your service desk to a Confluence knowledge base
- Adding an email address to accept email requests from your customers
- Branding your customer portal and global help desk
- Adding agents, customers, and other JIRA users to your service desk
- Automating your service desk
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review the Technical FAQ sections page here.