Here you learn the most important tasks to set up a new JIRA instance (JIRA Software, JIRA Core or JIRA Service Desk). You get hands-on experience performing the administration tasks that are common to all three JIRA applications.
Topics include a solid introduction to the following areas of JIRA Administration: user management, global and project permissions, project roles, and the configuration of issue types, workflows, and screens. You also learn how to share project configuration by taking advantage of the power of schemes. The course includes a variety of business use cases to assist you in understanding JIRA administration, and best practices are emphasized for each topic.
- Configure system settings
- Set up users and groups
- Configure global permissions
- Create and configure projects
- Create issue types
- Update workflows
- Edit fields and screens
- Configure project permissions and roles
- Share project configurations
This course is designed for new JIRA administrators. This includes anyone who administers JIRA Software, JIRA Service Desk, and/or JIRA Core.
- JIRA Essentials course or equivalent experience using JIRA – you should have a basic understanding of projects, issues, issue types, and workflow
- You should know the basics of using the JIRA application(s) you have – JIRA Software, JIRA Service Desk, and/or JIRA Core
- Optional – Getting Started with JIRA Software course – if you use JIRA Software
- System settings
- User and group management
- Configuring global permissions
- Project creation and configuration
- Issue types
- Fields and screens
- Project permissions and roles
- Sharing project configurations
- Introduction to schemes
Students use an individual virtual lab machine for hands-on exercises. This requires access to a fast broadband Internet connection with a capable computer.
Please review the Technical FAQ sections page here.