In this intermediate-level course, you’ll learn advanced workflow features and best practices for configuring them. Workflow features include post-functions, conditions, validators and commonly used status and transition properties.
You’ll work to find solutions to common requirements coming from real business scenarios that JIRA administrators face on a daily basis. By the end of class, you’ll be able to build more effective JIRA workflows by using all available workflow features.
Duration: 4 hours
- Distinguish between the following advanced workflow features, create, implement and test each on functioning workflows: conditions, validators, post-functions, properties
- Design workflow solutions for common business (process) requirements using the advanced workflow features mentioned above
This course is designed for new JIRA Software Administrators who administer JIRA Software and/or JIRA Core.
Atlassian University’s JIRA Admin Parts 1 & 2 or equivalent. You should also be comfortable with:
- Managing users / groups / roles
- Creating and using screens, fields, projects, issues, and schemes
- Creating and using workflow statuses, transitions and schemes
- Basic workflow concepts review (e.g., schemes, general terminology)
- Modify workflows to address business requirements using conditions, validators, post-functions, properties
- Best practice for using the following advanced workflow features (including 3rd party add-ons): conditions, validators, post-functions, properties
- Use transition-based and status-based workflow properties (e.g., to apply status-based permissions)
- Address complex real-world process requirements using JIRA workflows (e.g., establish an approval process)
Please review the Technical FAQ sections page here.